A contemporary conversion of a former dairy providing flexible accommodation for 12 guests. Offering fabulous views, set in tranquil countryside and only four miles from Ipswich, Lodge Farm is a wonderful countryside retreat for a family holiday or gathering of friends. Comprising three interconnected cottages, this stylish conversion has been carried out to a very high standard and furnished with individuality and style.
The Dairy (sleeping 6), The Parlour (sleeping 4) and The Buttery (sleeping 2) together form Lodge Farm and are interconnected through sound-proof, double doors. This distinctive lay-out makes Lodge Farm hugely attractive for family gatherings. The main dining area in the Dairy has seating for 12, enabling the entire group to assemble in one place, whilst the well planned layout of Lodge Farm offers three spacious living areas, ensuring everyone can find a quiet area to escape to if desired. Guests also have access to the owner’s delightful shepherd’s hut situated by a picturesque lake. A perfect spot for picnics, swimming for the brave or just unwinding.
Freston is a charming village, located on the Shotley Peninsular, just a few miles south of Ipswich on the River Orwell. The area is home to the Suffolk Food Hall (run by the owners of Lodge Farm), a nationally recognised farm shop and restaurant selling the best of Suffolk. There are several private roads around the farm, along with a network of guided footpaths and cycle paths to explore.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps 12 guests.
- Three interconnecting cottages.
- Three double bedrooms, two zip & link bedrooms and one twin bedroom.
- Two en-suite bathrooms, one en-suite shower room and two shower rooms.
- Located on the grounds of a working farm.
- Access to a tennis court (see Layout for further details).
- Games room.
- Children and infants welcome.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Onsite parking.
- Monday and Friday arrivals (see Notes for further information).
- Minimum three night stay mid-week (see Notes for further information).
- Minimum two night stay at weekends.
- Exposed beams
- Electric range cooker, one fridge freezer, two fridges.
- Two electric oven/hobs, two dishwashers, two microwaves.
- Three smart TVs, three DVD players, three iPod docks.
- Washing machine and freezer.
- High chair and travel cot available on request.
- Indoor table tennis table.
Lodge Farm is ideal for larger groups of family and friends to congregate and consists of three interconnected cottages. The charming village of Freston, located on the Shotley Peninsular, is an ideal base to explore the local footpaths, cycle routes and the River Orwell.