Inside Garden Cottage, explore a large family kitchen that opens up to a quirky sitting room with its unusual open fireplace inspired by the ‘Green Man’ from Suffolk mythology. Two of the three double bedrooms feature in-room freestanding roll-top baths, the third has an en-suite shower room, and a unique en-suite bunk room provides space for up to six children. The country kitchen has a large professional range cooker, butler sink and dishwasher as well as a zinc-covered dining table for meals enjoyed beneath a vast skylight and bespoke cabinetry. The original well is 30 feet deep, though guests can marvel at it through toughened glass.
In the sitting room, sink into deep powder pink sofas and driftwood coffee tables, brightly patterned cushions and throws and a hidden flat screen HD LED television. Bedrooms feature king-size Hypnos beds, quirky furnishings and woodland views. Daily housekeeping is included (if required) and guests can choose to add on extra staff such as a private chef. All rooms feature underfloor heating and dimmable lights. Outside, enjoy barbecues on the private terrace, explore the estate on Pashley bicycles or hold your own tournament on the nearby tennis court, open year round.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps 12 guests, (maximum of six adults please)
- All ground floor accommodation
- Open fire
- Three double bedrooms, two with feature baths in bedroom
- Bunk bedroom sleeping six, suitable for children
- Four en-suites
- Onsite parking
- One well behaved dog is welcome (small additional charge), kept to the ground floor please
- Minimum stay of one night
- Unique feature fireplace
- Underfloor heating
- Large professional range cooker, dishwasher, Nespresso coffee machine & pods
- Original 30 feet deep well covered with toughened glass
- Use of Pashley bicycles
- Set within 4,500 acres of parkland
- Use of an outdoor shared swimming pool, (heated between May - October.) For an additional cost, the pool can be heated outside these months.
- Tennis Court
- An additional concierge service is available upon request. This includes a chef or bespoke spa treatments
Garden Cottage is a beautifully restored four-bedroom Victorian cottage built into the wall surrounding the estate’s original flower and vegetable garden. Built around 1848 in the cottage orne (or decorated cottage) style by the Brook family, the picturesque former head gardener’s cottage occupies an elevated position overlooking woods and hedgerows. This Suffolk White brick cottage features gothic round-headed ogee mouldings to bargeboards and round-headed windows with tuck pointing beneath a slate roof.