A secret garden awaits. What were once Victorian bothies (where the estate’s gardeners lived) have been transformed into eight king-size bedrooms with en-suites featuring roll-top baths and powerful showers plus a vaulted ceiling central dining hall book-ended by French limestone fireplaces. Step through the wall into three elegant glasshouses inspired by the neoclassical designs of the celebrated architect Sir John Soane within the estate’s original flower and vegetable garden. In the kitchen, the largest of the three glasshouses, with underfloor heating, wine fridges and comfy sofas. Get competitive in the games room with pool, table tennis and table football or relax on deep sofas after dinner in the cinema and watch a film on the giant screen.
Meanwhile, inside Garden Cottage, explore a large family kitchen that opens up to a quirky sitting room with its unusual open fireplace inspired by the ‘Green Man’ from Suffolk mythology. Two of the three double bedrooms feature in-room freestanding roll-top baths, the third has an en-suite shower room, and a unique en-suite bunk room provides space for up to six children. The country kitchen has a large professional range cooker, butler sink and dishwasher as well as a zinc-covered dining table for meals enjoyed beneath a vast skylight and bespoke cabinetry. The original well is 30 feet deep though guests can marvel at it through toughened glass.
In the sitting room, sink into deep powder pink sofas and driftwood coffee tables, brightly patterned cushions and throws and a hidden flat screen HD LED television. Bedrooms feature king-size Hypnos beds, quirky furnishings and woodland views. Daily housekeeping is included (if required) and guests can choose to add on extra staff such as a private chef. All rooms feature underfloor heating and dimmable lights. Outside, enjoy barbecues on the private terrace, explore the estate on Pashley bicycles or hold your own tournament on the nearby tennis court, open year round.
Access between the two properties is through the walled garden.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps 28 guests (maximum of 22 adults please)
- 11 bedrooms with king size beds, three of which can be made into singles on request
- One bunk bedroom sleeping six, suitable for children
- 12 en-suite bathrooms
- Onsite parking
- One well behaved dog is welcome in each property (small additional charge per dog), kept to the ground floor please
- Minimum stay of one night
- Large dining hall
- Range cooker
- Cinema room
- Giant Smart TV (SKY)
- BBQ (requires charcoal)
- Games room with pool, table football and table tennis
- Underfloor heating
- Use of Pashley bicylces
- Set within 4,500 acres of parkland
- Use of an outdoor shared swimming pool, (heated between May - October.) For an additional cost, the pool can be heated outside these months.
- Tennis court
- An additional concierge service is available upon request. This includes a chef or bespoke spa treatments
What goes on behind these walls? Drinks, dinners and downtime for guests spread over 12 large bedrooms. Your private garden to barbecue, relax under the stars or drink coffee before a long walk.